Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Attitude

Lately I've become inspired by the lyrics to a few classic songs--namely those on the Eagles Greatest Hits CD (cheesy, I know). A few in particular have stood out:

"Take it easy/Take it easy/Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy/Lighten up while you still can/Don't even try to understand/Just find a place to make your stand/And take it easy." (Title should be obvious to anyone remotely familiar with the Eagles' repetoire)

"It seems to me some fine things/have been laid upon your table/But you only want the ones/you can't get..." (Desperado)

ADDED 1/18: "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains/and we never even know we have the key..." (Already Gone)

These lyrics in conjunction with some other inspirational messages and some heartfelt conversations with my husband have helped me to form a new outlook for the new year. From now on, I pledge to do my best. That's it. Just do my best in everything that I do--whether it's applying for jobs, maintaining friendships, or caring for my daughter. I'm sure some days will be better than others, but I'm confident that as long as I keep this goal in mind I can finish out the year happier and more fulfilled than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment